Saturday, April 26, 2008

nearing 10,000

If anyone told me I would have been a couple hundred words away from 10,000 on my novel in just a few short days, I would have punched them in the mouth. Isn't that a line from a Pink song? I wouldn't punch anyone, but I might've pushed them in the chest really hard saying "Get OUT!" a la Elaine on Seinfeld.

But it's true, I'm at 9786 words. Today, I wrote 1149 words. And as I look through my outline, I'm hardly into Act II! All this means is that I'm going to have a lot of "extra" stuff to revise. Which only makes me happier. I'd rather have too much than too little any day.

So I hope you liked my little tribute to British men that I posted yesterday. Tomorrow, I plan to do a tribute to the geek, one of my favorite heroic archetypes.

Ciao for now!

No comments: