Monday, April 28, 2008

it's geek to me

Let me start off by saying that I broke the 10000 mark, and am now at 11705 words!

Did you congratulate me? Yay! Thanks!

Anyway, moving on to the topic at hand. Let's talk about geeks. Well, handsome geeks, or geeks we all love. As I was thinking about who to include in this tribute, I found myself choosing guys that were not just geeks, but actually quite funny as well. It made me wonder if it's geeky to be funny? There is probably something to that, since personally, I equate humor with intelligence and wit. I also noticed that the men I chose have taken on a undercurrent of "cool," despite their geekiness. Maybe it's just me. Decide accordingly.

Here are my choices:

Matthew Perry has been a favorite of mine ever since Friends. As the character Chandler Bing (in every TV or movie role he's been in) he's cute, sexy, funny, and pretty geeky. Even the few extra pounds he put on when battling his drug addiction didn't take away from him stealing the show. Now I ask you, Could he BE any hotter??



My next geek, may be a little older, but definitely wiser. His charm is more subtle when it comes to his humor and yet he is still delicious as a hunk and scientist. William Peterson as Gil Grissom on CSI, made me want to watch crime drama for more than just the gorey death scenes. Humana Humana!



And if you don't watch this next geek on the Office, you're missing out! Not only one of the funniest shows ever, it has a great love story between Pam and Jim. John Krasinski as Jim Halpert, is the one of the best geeks of the year. With his lanky gait, kind eyes, and wicked sense of humor, he's one geek I'd love to meet at my office.



There is just something about the "geek" that is so intriguing and attractive as a hero. I think it's because they are the closest archetype we have to the real thing. Most of these guys you can imagine working at your office, analyzing your blood at a lab, or grocery shopping at your local market. And knowing they are out there makes us all the more excited to fall in love with them.
So get out your spectacles and calculators for these guys will surely sniff out your smarts.

No comments: