Friday, April 25, 2008

my brit obsession

I should have been born in England. I know this because I love anything even remotely reeking of Brit-land. Decaying castles, pints, James Blunt, Rimmel eyeliner..... the list goes on and on. And I don't think I could live without English comedy, the perfect blend of wit and silliness. Monty Python, the Office, Absolutely Fabulous, Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served?, or in a pinch...Austin Powers; they all make me wish I wasn't just a wannabe wanker. And speaking of wankers....

I thought I'd pay tribute to some of the fine English men that have inspired a bit of my writing and a couple fantasies, too. :-P

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite classic novels, but it was Colin Firth that made Mr. Darcy that much more memorable AND delectable! Bridget Jones is one lucky chippy....



Who could forget the sneaky Professor Snape from Harry Potter, Colonel Christopher Brandon of Sense and Sensibility, or Metatron from Dogma? I sure can't. Alan Rickman's voice can creep down your spine electrifying each and every nerve-ending until you're transformed into a puddle of liquid goo.



And of course, the masterful, Clive Owen. This photo doesn't show it, but he's not the typical classically handsome hero. That said, he easily fits the heroic prototype with his raw masculinity. Gotta love the man's eyes of steel!



Anyway, if these guys don't make you want to take a tour of the British Isles, then go back to Canada, aye.

Oh and "Long live the Queen!"

Disclaimer: Use of British slang may not reflect accurate British usage.

1 comment:

Shae said...

I love Colin Firth!!! He's the perfect Darcy! I'm kind of into Irish guys right now but you can't go wrong with the brits!