Monday, February 23, 2009

gothic revival

And I don't mean architecture.

It's time for a change and I decided to start with my hair. I usually do something different with my locks once a year, so I'm going with a funky emo / goth cut in shiny black. I think I've had my hair every color at one time or another, but never black. I guess I figured I'd look too washed out with my pale skin. Now I keep thinking the contrast would be awesome and it would force me to add a little color to my lips, eyes and cheeks, and stop being lazy!

Here are my inspiration shots....


I found a website for this amazing salon here in Vegas called Curl Up N Dye. Kinda cute, huh? All their stylists are tatted up, pierced, and have really funky hair, so I figure I'll be in good hands.

Other than that I've been trying to re-establish my goth roots with some new clothes and jewelery. I never go overboard with all that, but when done subtly it suits me. Also, there's a Cure concert coming up that I'd like to go to. How cliche is that?

I'll make sure to post some pictures after the hair is "did."

Oh and listen to my playlist song, Black No. 1 to get you in the proper goth mood.

Quote of the Day: Every great writer is a writer of history, let him treat on almost any subject he may. ~Walter Savage Landor, Imaginary Conversation: Diogenes and Plato

2 comments:

Shae said...

My brother goes to the East side location (on Maryland Parkway, next to Buffalo Exchange) and they do a great job on his hair. I can ask him the name of the girl he goes to if you want. She spent a lot of time with him and gave him the exact cut he wanted.

I'm going to need 'goth' looking people for my movie in September, want a part?

And always remember my motto: It's just hair, it'll grow (dye, whatever) back. I'm sure you will look fabulous!

Maura said...

I think I like the cut the redhead has in the upper left picture.

Can't wait to see the pics of the new 'do. I'm sure it'll look great. Isn't amazing how something as simple as a new cut and color can really boost your spirits? I think it is time for me to make an appointment myself. Thanks for the inspiration!