Saturday, October 25, 2008

two mormons walk into a bar....

I wanted to applaud my friend Shae for a fine performance last Saturday night at the Looney Bin. Shae completely held her own wedged between the funny, yet geriatric host and the ever so eloquent headliner, Bill Tucker.

The crowd may have been sparse, but they were quite the handful. I guess 10 o'clock shows in Summerlin bring out the meager drunks. From the old cackling New Yorker, who I swore could have been my boyfriend's mom, to the young African American guy convinced he was a victim of racial profiling, the night was anything but dull.

The hecklers seemed to give Shae a break during her set (Thank God!) Though it would have been fun to see Shae give it back to them.

All in all even without my whiskey sour with a beer chaser the night would have been a success. Each comedian had some great material and a positive presence. Shae was hip, witty, and funny. What more could you ask for?

.....and one asks the bartender, "Where's my wife?" And the bartender says, "Which one?"

Quote of the Day: Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

2 comments:

Shae said...

It helps to have a great audience and you and Robert ROCKED for coming out to support local comedy. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU guys. (Plus the after chat made my evening, you two are way fun to hang with!)
Okay, here's mine...a guy walks into a bar...Ouch!

Maura said...

I so wish I could have been there! Maybe next time. I knew Shae would do a great job. And even though I couldn't be there, that night when Larry and I went out to dinner we raised our glasses to toast Shae's performance. With the time difference we were probably a couple of hours too early, but it probably took that long for the thought to travel across the country!

So here's mine...A dyslexic guy walks into a bra....