Thursday, May 8, 2008

i miss jason castro

There is nothing like the smell of sushi and beer at 5:30 in the afternoon.

After a lovely dinner at our local west valley sushi hut, our waiter informed my boyfriend and I that we received $20 off our bill for the mere fact that I was a lady. I realized that sometimes it pays to be a woman. Let's hear it for ladies' night! Discounts for not having a penis. I find it kinda funny.

Some more perks:

1) Free drinks from men wanting to get laid.
2) Getting to go to the bathroom with a buddy.
3) Blaming a bad mood on your period.
3) Men doing things for you, to impress you (and then back to the latter half of #1)
4) Being able to cry without getting picked on.
5) Getting sympathy for cramps.
6) Smelling good no matter what.
7) Having make-up available to cover up the un-pretty.
8) Dying our hair or getting highlights without being called "gay".
9) Hidden arousal.
10) Less messy clean-up after the "deed" is done.

Ok, so it got a little crude. I had to dig deep for those last couple. I'm sure there are sooo many reasons why it pays to be a woman, but I managed ten big ones.

Yesterday was a slow day in writing, coming in at but again, I did something, which is the best part of it all. It means, that the story is moving forward, even if by a word or two. Neat, huh?

daily total: 901
grand total: 20159 (my goal has been reached!)

P.S. Anyone else miss Jason Castro? He was voted off American Idol, and although he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, he sure made me smile with his unique voice and easy-going attitude. We'll miss ya, sexy blue eyes.

Quote of the Day: A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket. ~Charles Peguy

1 comment:

Shae said...

Other good things about being a woman...

Brain capacity not eaten up by need to know things like meaning of "dual quad overhead exhaust cam"

Ability to match colors.

Can cry way out of speeding ticket (or pretty much anything else, men can't cry their way out of situations)

Keep up the writing. And the first time we meet up I'll make you pina colada cupcakes (no need to marry me, but thanks. Why is it only my cooking gets proposed too?)