Tuesday, May 6, 2008

the day after cinco de mayo

I realized I should have had my margarita yesterday. I mean, it was Cinco de Mayo. Instead I had a generic Jack and Coke, my second drink of choice. I go through phases and also stages of brokeness, so I'm lucky to have even generic Jack in the house at the current stage ;-) I made up for the drinks by grilling some shrimp fajitas to pay homage to my Mexican friends.

I didn't have a huge word count Monday, coming in at 732 words, but I hit a streak today and made up for the small slump.

I'm finishing up the big pool / bar scene where we meet the Detective (who is driving me crazy because I'm not an expert on law enforcement) and we get to see a couple different sides to my hero and heroine. In other words, it gets into the nitty gritty.

I've found I like the intense action scenes with multiple characters. I like having the hero and heroine, possibly the villain and the comic relief all together to duke it out...with amazingly orchestrated page turning scenes. The funny part is that I think my best work comes in the introspection. I have a way with thoughts. HA! That makes me laugh for some reason.

Anyway, I haven't changed my playlist yet or finished the book I'm reading. I plan on it this week. And it looks like I'm a little under 800 words to my goal to make 20,000 words by May 17. Nice and way ahead of schedule!

daily total: 1120
grant total: 19214

Quote of the Day: Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

1 comment:

Shae said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will make your goal plus some, that's awesome. I had a watermelon margarita on 5/5, I'll dedicate it in your honor!