Thursday, May 29, 2008

tribute to count de monet

It's a sad day. One of the comic greats, Harvey Korman, passed away today. He was an amazing 81.

This man was a standard in many of my favorite Mel Brooks movies. He had timing, grace and flair and never ceased to make me laugh.

I know he was most famous for his roles in the Carol Burnett Show and in Blazing Saddles as Hedley Lamarr, but I loved him for his role as Count De Monet in History of the World Part I.

I will always remember him and how I grew up admiring comedy just that much more because of him. He will be missed.

Here is a great clip. Enjoy!



grand total: 34199

Quote of the Day: It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by. How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment? For the moment passes, it is forgotten; the mood is gone; life itself is gone. That is where the writer scores over his fellows: he catches the changes of his mind on the hop. ~Vita Sackville-West

2 comments:

Shae said...

What a lovely tribute. I was a huge Carol Burnett fan so I loved Harvey. I will miss him too.

Anonymous said...

I am so sad about this, too. One of my fondest childhood memories was watching the Carol Burnett Show and waiting to see how long it would be before Tim Conway got Harvey to crack up. They were a great team. The title may have been The Carol Burnett Show but it was that whole cast that made it great. Harvey will be missed.