Thursday, March 19, 2009

on our way

It's that time again. Getting back to business. The business of writing.

Maura, Shae, and I have embarked on another step in the journey to publication. We've all finished first drafts (though Shae deemed hers more fire worthy than anything else ;-)) and now we need to get these suckers revised and agent and/or editor ready. Maura has already done one round of revisions and in my honest opinion she doesn't have much further to go. Shae would just like to get back into the writing scene again. Me, I'm just the procrastinator of the century and a moody one at that.

The return to the writing scene is exactly what the focus of our next step is about. Writing for the sake of writing! Maura has been journaling, which is awesome, and Shae has been writing for the camera, and I have been...blogging. Sometimes. I've been slacking on my goals as my mood has fallen, I've let reality has seep into my creative side. Not good!

Thus, the plan is as follows....

1)Each week we will be posting one writing exercise that we have done from a source of our choosing on our blogs.

2)Each week we will complete one current manuscript goal until....well, for me, until I've sent it off to my prospective agents.

I'm excited and looking forward to working with my girls, as well as my characters, again :-)

Quote of the Day: When we see a natural style we are quite amazed and delighted, because we expected to see an author and find a man. ~Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 1670

1 comment:

Maura said...

Hey, don't sweat the small stuff. We all hit our slumps now and then. Let's forget about that and go forward.

I found three exercises that I want to do and am planning to pick one and get it out there sometime today. I'll be looking forward to seeing yours and Shae's.

Glad we are getting back on track!