Sunday, July 6, 2008

long weekend

It's been a long and tiring weekend filled with fireworks, charred burgers, and swimming pool incidents. I'm both sad and happy to see it end. We've got the boyfriend's 12 year old here who always seems to be bored. I can't remember the last time I was bored. It must be nice.

I tried to get past 50000 on my word count, but I fell a couple hundred short. It just wasn't going to happen tonight. I'm betting on tomorrow though, when I've got a fresher outlook and more sleep.

I came across this video the other day and it made me laugh. The guy who programs the pizza band has done at least five other songs too. These mechanical characters usually frightened me as a kid, but now they only frighten me a little.



grand total: 49671

Quote of the Day: Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. ~Anton Chekhov

1 comment:

Maura said...

Hey Dyann! You are doing great! I am sure you have gotten past 50000 by now, and if not you will be soon. Keep it up. You're smokin'!!

Sounds like you had a great holiday weekend. Mine was similar to yours except there was no swimming pool, and boy do I wish there had been. It was hot and muggy around here.

The video made me laugh. I haven't seen those mechanical dolls in a long time. They were a hoot.

I've added Twilight to my list of things to read. You have to stop reviewing all these books. My list is growing to gargantuan lengths!

And you were quite right about Mistress of Mellyn. It was a very good read. I actually have about 30 pages left of it to go but I'll knock them off tonight before I go to sleep.