Sunday, November 30, 2008

can I sleep now?

I've pillaged. I've plundered. And I'm done.

I'm not sure how. I think I've lost feeling in my left pinky finger and rubbed the "n" permanently off my keyboard. But I've finished with a grand total of 50406 words.

I'm dead tired and I have to work tomorrow. Can I sleep now?

Quote of the Day: Writing, I think, is not apart from living. Writing is a kind of double living. The writer experiences everything twice. Once in reality and once in that mirror which waits always before or behind. ~Catherine Drinker Bowen, Atlantic, December 1957

2 comments:

Shae said...

Rest my child, you did well. Congratulations!!!!

Maura said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Sleep as long as you like. You have most definitely earned it!! I am so proud of you!!! I was a little worried about you not making it when I saw your word count on Sunday morning. But I should have known better! You are a winner in every respect and winners don't let pesky little things like an 8,000 word deficit get in their way! Forgive me for doubting!

So when you regain consciousness and get out from under the end of month stuff, let me know what you thought of the experience. I would love to hear your take on it.

And once again, way to go, girl! You are phenomenal!!!! :)